We had the greatest time on our honeymoon! We basically ate drank and chilled hard the whole time. It was a dream, Dane+ I have never been on a trip that long without Poppy so it was really nice to soak it up together. Although I do feel like there was a COVID fog over the whole trip & we would have had a way different trip if COVID wasn’t around. Regardless we still had the best time! We flew into LAX drove up to Santa Barbara for a couple of days. Drove up to Solvang for a night and ended up in Carmel for two nights. Below you will find a list of what we did in each spot, our favorite restaurants we went to, what we ate including a lot of random iPhone pictures!
We stayed at the Ritz Carlton Bacara and the property is gorgeous! it’s right on the beach which we loved! the beach was so peaceful and I especially loved the mornings, the fog is such a mood. Here is a list of where we ate and what we liked in Santa Barbara if you are going there soon and need some recommendations.
Notable Food recommendations we ate at:
- Breakfast- Goat Tree – the coffee and the avocado toast were incredible.
- Lunch- Carlitos (Downtown Santa Barbara) absolutely amazing Mexican! Dane thought his chicken enchiladas were the best he has had, chips and salsa really hit the mark and I got the mango margarita and it was DIVINE.
- Dinner – Angel Oak (Ritz Carlton restaurant) – loved the vegetable dish ( i can’t remember what it’s called) and the tomato salad appetizer Dane wasn’t crazy about the steak he got but I loved my meal!
- Dinner- Arigato (sushi) – absolutely amazing the two must-have dishes are the Ahi Carpaccio + Fluke N Crab. You will not regret getting them! so dang good I am still dreaming of both dishes!
- Dinner – Toma (Italian downtown)- SO GOOD! Dane overate the night we went and had a stomach ache for two days after haha but it was divine! I got the squash blossoms which were unlike any dish I have ever had! absolutely amazing! I also got the Mediterranean salad! Dane got the Rigatoni so delish but don’t eat the whole dish.
- Wine tastings: Santa Barbara Winery. Margerum Winery
Activities – We spent a whole day downtown shopping which was fun! One day we took the electric bikes from our hotel and biked to the Goleta butterfly grove and took that trail up to the coast. It was so beautiful! we also laid by the pool for our allotted 1 1/2 hr time. (thanks COVID) I was surprised at how dry everything was in Santa Barbara this time of year, it makes sense why there have been so many fires!
We were only here for one night but it was still a highlight of the trip. From the moment we drove in I was oohing and aahing at how charming the town is. We stayed at the Landsby which is a MUST we were dying over how well designed this hotel is. Very Scandinavian, new and updated and so much charm!! We are dying to come back for Christmas when COVID is over.
We shopped the whole town, ate danish pastries, and had a yummy dinner at Mad & Vin (the Landsby’s restaurant). We loved what we saw and we will for sure be back!
- Snack: Mortensen’s Danish Bakery (Solvang)
- Wine Tasting: Lucas & Lewellen Vineyards (We’d give this a 5 out of 10)
- Ice Cream: Solvang Trolley Ice Cream Parlor
- Dinner: Mad & Vin (Landsby Hotel Solvang)
- Coffee: Good Seed Coffee Boutique
- Breakfast: Olsen’s Bakery
I’ve never been to a town with so much character, around every corner there’s something beautiful and magical. The giant trees everywhere bring such big energy to this town that is infectious and the beautiful white sand beach is out of a dream. Dane and I both agreed we could retire in Carmel! the Hotel Carmel hosted us and we loved how the hotel embodies the charm and class that Carmel is. The fire-pit lounge area was so great to sit down and enjoy a glass of wine before we went to dinner and the rooms are so spacious with a lounge area and kitchenette with a stovetop! great spot if you have kids with you as well!
Hotel Carmel is offering a 15% off code for you all to stay select dates
Promo Code: ASHLEE
What we ate-
- Coffee: Carmel Valley Roasting Company
- Lunch: The Bench at Pebble Beach – make a reservation ahead of time! incredible views of the course and the food is divine. Dane said it was the best chicken sandwich he has ever had! I got the tomato soup and goat cheese salad.
- Snack: Terry Lounge at Cypress Inn (wine and cheese) really fun patio atmosphere here.
- Chocolate: All About the Chocolate – we got a bunch of chocolate to bring home from here!
- Dinner: Casanova (Italian) another really fun atmosphere here we got the gnocchi, clams, cheese board, and tomato salad.
We hope this is helpful for anyone heading to these places anytime soon! thanks for following along!