This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hair Food. The opinions and text are all mine.
I chopped my bangs a couple of weeks ago and so many of you had tips for keeping my bangs fresh! So I gathered them to share with you! these have helped me a ton!
- -Keep a mini dry shampoo with you wherever you go. put one in your purse, car + makeup bag.
- -Wash your bangs once a day or every other day only using shampoo wash the rest
- of your hair once a week. (I wash my hair every couple of days and my bangs every other day)
- -Learn to trim your own + get a good pair of shears.
- (I picked some up at target but you could get good ones on Amazon)
- -Don’t put makeup on your forehead. It will just make your bangs greasy.
- -Tease at the root if they start growing out.
- -Use a 2 in. round brush to blow them out.
- -Keep a bag of baking soda in your car, if your forehead gets greasy
- dip your fingers in the bag and brush them through your bangs
- if you don’t want dry shampoo getting on your forehead.
- the same thing would work with baby powder.
I also started using a new shampoo and conditioner and I wanted to share with you, it has completely surprised me mainly because of the price point and the quality of the formula! In my experience, I’ve always purchased name brand expensive product for my hair because I’m all about quality and nothing at the grocery store ever really got me excited…. until now.
Hair Food is the quality I love without breaking the bank and it leaves my hair smelling so fresh!! Dane actually said to me the other day, ” I think this is the best your hair has smelled the whole time we have been dating!”….. I wasn’t sure if I was offended or flattered. But it’s true it does smell better than any other shampoo and conditioner I’ve used. I also used their hair mask the other day and it left my hair so soft and supple. I like doing a deep conditioner or hair mask every other week to keep my hair healthy. I put it in my hair making sure it gets spread evenly and I will either sleep in it and wash it the next day, or I will do it on a day I don’t plan on leaving the house + I’ll wash it out a few hours later. Another thing I love about Hair food is that its sulfate free, mineral oil free, paraben free and the ingredients are quality. You can find Hair Food at Target.
I hope these tips helped you! if you have any more for me leave them in the comments below!